Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Delightful

I don't know about your household...but getting my kids to help me do housework is a struggle to say the least. Except children under the age of 5, they always want to "help"! :-)

It's almost a daily thing around dinner time for me to yell down the stairs or ask someone who's close by to set the table for me. As much as my kids don't believe it, I do set the table myself occasionally.

Yesterday was one of those days. I WAS going to set the table myself. I was making dinner and had already tossed aside the idea of yelling down the stairs. Isabella was in the living room, I was in the kitchen, and unsuspecting Chelsea was on her way up the stairs...hurrying to the restroom.

As Chelsea topped the stairs, Isabella jumped up and said, "Mom would be delighted if you set the table!!!!!" I did a double take, replayed what Bella said, and waited to see how this played out. Chelsea continued her rush to the bathroom with a confused look on her face. Bella stood by the stairs...possibly waiting to apprehend Chelsea on her way back down? I don't know but it makes a good story.

A couple minutes later Chelsea came out of the bathroom and said, "Did you want me to set the table?" I had to just chuckled to myself and said, "I'd be delighted!"

No comments:

Post a Comment