Thursday, May 13, 2010

Desperate for...

Gum is kind of a no-no around here. Don't get me wrong. I love gum. I HATE listening to my children chew gum. It drives me nuts!!!



Whenever we are at the store my girls ask for gum. I say, "No, I don't want to hear it". Of course they beg and plead and swear they will not chew loud or with their mouths open. Still...no gum. Santa and the Easter Bunny seem to frequently bring gum though. That just proves they are real...I WOULD NEVER BUY GUM. ;-)



So...I'm on a diet. That doesn't seem relevant except...what did I find myself doing today? Running through all the stash spots looking for sugar-free gum. I was tearing through the closet trying to find any spot that might have been missed. I found myself rummaging through the "pill" box. (Bottles of pills we don't leave around: hydrocodone, flexeril...you know, the big guns). Eureka!!!!! I found a pack of gum.



I was tearing through the outside cellophane wrapper when I had to sit back and just laugh. I was like a deranged drug seeker tearing through the pill box...to find gum! What's better is that I actually found some in there (not a usual hiding spot for stuff).



I'm thinking that if the words diet and drug seeker are in the same sentence that maybe dieting should be against the law too?!?

4 comments:

  1. I can see you now you drug, er, gum seeker you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did just sit back on the bed and laugh at myself...after I had the gum of course! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) Thank you Wendy! I did. I've already gone through the whole pack. Now I need more. I've been "cheating" with nuts and beef jerky since I ran out of gum. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete