Saturday, February 25, 2012

Curiosity gave me a headache.

We live in a "newer" neighborhood. Seems to be new houses popping up every month or two. Which is a good thing to have the neighborhood filling up. Yay!

I've got an insatiable curiosity to see what all those houses look like inside. I try really really hard to not go in. It depresses me a little...."WHAT???? They weren't offering that when we built." "THAT is standard now? " "I want that!!" Every now and then I think..."Oh, I'm so glad we didn't get that." Anyway....I try to stay out of the new houses.

One day we were driving past and I said, "Man, I'm so curious to go into that house!" Bella was in the very back of the car and she said, "What's curious mean?" I explained and then she said, "Oh I get that. You just have to smack yourself in the forehead and it goes away!"

I said, "Really?"

She said, "Yeah, you just smack it right out."

I actually laughed out loud and thought, "What the heck?" I lightly smack myself in the head. I looked at her in the rear view mirror and said, "It didn't work. I'm still curious." She said, "You didn't smack hard enough!"

Some thoughts here:

1. Kids are curious creatures, right? That's a lot of smacking.
2. If that was a rule, it would be kind of funny.
3. Maybe this is why Bella had neck problems.
4. I have a headache.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha! That is sooooo funny! I read this entire page and would have been ROFL if I could have still read my computer screen! My grandchildren come up with some of the CUTEST things!! And you write them so cleverly...good job. When is the book being published?! Think about it. Just sayin'......

    ReplyDelete