Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Marriage...at age 4.

Okay...I'm not promoting underage marriage! The other day Bella (age 4), Jasmine (age 17) and I were in the car driving along. Out of the blue Bella says, "Mom, I have an idea. We need to make Chelsea (age 19) a husband!!" I kind of snickered a little...you have to know Chelsea to see the humor in this. Some day she's gonna fall in love and she will be all mushy and stuff. Until then she's a "look don't touch kind of girl".

Anyway...Bella has been a little obsessed with marriage lately. I can't tell you how many times I've had to be her prince during make believe. Also, she has admitted to wanting to marry her cousin Alan (who plainly said, "No way"). Bella's first heart break! But then Reed (her other cousin) said, "Sure" when she asked him. Okay...she's gone on from there to admitting she wants to marry Diego from the TV show Go Diego Go. Most recently she's watched one of my favorite shows Holmes on Homes and said (about Mike Holmes), "I want to marry that guy." What's a mom supposed to do?

So, she's wanting to "make" Chelsea a husband. I said, "Wow, OK...what's he going to look like?" And she replies, "He's going to have a hundred legs." Oh...wow...that was unexpected! I laughed and said, "What else is he going to look like?" She goes on to tell me that he will have 4 arms, but only 2 eyes, 2 ears, and a mouth. I asked her if he would be tall or short...she said, "about daddy's size". I was really trying to picture this. The other drivers around were probably wondering why I had a big old grin on my face. I said, "What color hair?" Of course thinking brown, black, or blonde. I was voting she'd say blonde. She said "Green and long". I then asked, "What color eyes, baby?" To top off Chelsea's dream boat husband-to-be Bella said, "Yellow, yellow is my favorite color!" Yes, yes it is!

Side note...a few days later I saw Chelsea at Wal-mart. I told her about the husband Bella "made" for her. She thought it was sweet that Bella was looking out for her interests...although she wasn't too sure about marrying a centipede! She actually guffawed when I got to the green hair and yellow eyes. She said, "Wow, I love green hair". Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment