Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bella's garden

Isabella was quite overjoyed when she discovered the water spigot out front was working. We turn if off for the winter. Steve had turned it on a while ago but she had not discovered this fact until today.


We were in the driveway playing with bubbles and she found a little bucket in the garage. One of her water toys from last year. She (and Josie) like to help me weed around grandmother's roses and flowers. Bella, basically, gets a little shovel and creates a pile of dirt from the flower area onto the driveway. It's all good...we just sweep it back in and occasionally replant a little crocus bulb.


Bella was running from the water spigot, across a little bit of grass, across the driveway, to the roses and her pile of dirt. She was yelling the whole time, "Mom, I'm watering my garden". I figured all was well and the dirt pile could use some water. I got distracted and when I looked up Josie was standing in a puddle of water. I said, "Hey, how did Josie get all wet Bella? Did you make a puddle for her to stand in?" She said, "No mom, she needs to grow so I watered her!"

Well...of course she does! I tried to explain that Josie needs her water to be on the inside in order to grow...but they both thought it was more fun this way. So be it!



As a side note...Josie was quite taken with Bella's garden pile of mud. I turned around to Josie yelling at me. Her hands were covered with mud and her mouth was full. Turns out she needed me to come running to get the "ucky" mud from her mouth in order to decide it was quite delicious and swallow the whole mouthful. Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment