Saturday, April 10, 2010

Celebration!

I just wanted to write a couple of things that have happened lately. Easter Sunday....can't wait...loads of fun for the kids. It started out great but we ended up in the urgent care by 10:30 a.m. Poor Bella had/has a urinary tract infection. Quite a painful ordeal for anyone but for a 4 year old...

Needless to say she tried to avoid the bathroom at all costs. SO...we get the antibiotic and hope it takes away the pain...nothing happened first day. Still painful. Second day...still painful...I call the dr and the dr says: (are you hearing the little tune to that statement..."momma called the dr and the dr says...no more monkeys jumping on the bed). Ok...sorry, I digress. I called the dr to see if we could get the handy dandy pill that colors your urine bright florescent orange/yellow. Like eating a zillion fireflies who are in safety orange jackets and having a potty break. (I haven't personally tried that ...it's just where my imagination takes me). SO, we get the wonder pill that will stain your counter tops by the way. Mix it in a little applesauce or yogurt because she has never swallowed a pill before. And voila...we are hoping for pain free. NOPE.

It took 2 more days to have an effect. And here is the part I was getting to that I want to remember. Bella wakes up one morning jumping and doing a major potty dance. "Momma I have to pee!!" She is not liking the idea because it has hurt so badly. I go in with her to wipe...because things will stain bright orange/yellow and makes a mess. Plus I go give her moral support because dang it...it hurts. Anyway...she sits down and starts to cringe expecting pain and way so cool there is no pain. (relatively speaking here) And do you know what that sweet little girls says to me? She says, "MOM!!!!!! It didn't hurt!! Today is a day of celebration all day because my pee pee didn't hurt!!!!"

I just had to chuckle at that. I hugged her and said, "It sure is baby!!"

3 comments:

  1. Awesome story. I loved it...I knew you had a writer in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my good friend!!! :-) This is sort of a journal-type blog for me. So...lots of family stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...just changed my "name"...bookworm101 is actually my daughter. So...Wendy can you think of a good name for me? I'm not creative with names. Let me know if you have any ideas or it will stay "colleen".

    ReplyDelete